Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organisation working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Plan International began working in the Pacific in 2012 and has offices and staff in Solomon Islands (SI), PNG in Bougainville and it has a regional office in Suva, Fiji.
Purpose of the role
To achieve maximum impact for children, young people and women through driving advocacy and campaign across programs. The Communication & Advocacy Officer will be working closely with the government, other civil society actors and community stakeholders. The Communications and Advocacy Officer will develop, organize and execute a wide range of activities to influence policy according to the scope of our programs, and specific results-oriented projects. The position will campaign and advocate on issue/s that affect children and young people in particular girl’s equality. The position will also be responsible for media releases on the values of the work that PISI is implementing in the country.
REQUIREMENT TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE.
- Degree in Sociology, Social work, Journalism or Other relevant fields is equivalent.
- At least 2 years of related experience with progressive responsibility in campaigns and advocacy.
- Has experience and background in working with the media.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an impressive history of building strong relationships with multiple stakeholders and donors
- Deep attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce and being appreciative of cultural differences.
- Outstanding judgment and decision-making.
- Commitment to Plan International policy on safeguarding and Child Protection
- To be creative and strategic in media and communications work
- To support organizational objectives at country level and have the knowledge of traditional and new media to manage the delivery of messages to both internal and external audiences
- To demonstrate a good understanding of development and humanitarian issues and the use of Communications for campaigning and influencing.
- Requires a person with a strong gender orientation with awareness of issues affecting children, girls, women and people with disabilities in Solomon Islands
- Previous Experience with Other NGO is an Advantage
- Attention to detail and possess can do attitude
- Poses good work ethic.
Location: Honiara Solomon Islands
Type of Role: Full Time: Duration 3 years
Reports to: GTACC Project Manager
Grade/Salary: $73,000-$100,000 per annum
Eligibility: Open to Solomon Island Citizen.
Send application: [email protected]ional.org / [email protected] and cite “Climate Change Coordinator ” as the subject of your email and include a CV, a short covering letter outlining your capacity to fulfil the requirements of the job. All applications will be reviewed on receipt. Only suitable candidates will be considered and they will be contacted if shortlisted. We promote diversity in our organisation in which we encourage women and the disable to apply.
General Queries/ Obtaining of TOR: The terms of reference for this position including application instructions can be obtained by emailing above given emails or you can get Hard copies available at our Country office front desk, Location Central Plaza Building, 3rd floor, Honiara