Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organisation working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Plan International began working in the Pacific in 2012 and has offices and staff in Solomon Islands (SI), PNG in Bougainville and it has a regional office in Suva, Fiji.
REQUIREMENT (Qualification, Experience and SKILLS)
• Master/Bachelor Degree with minimum of 5 years of related experience in financial management sector like finance coordinator, Senior Project Finance Officer
• Knowledge of financial management issues and country finance regulations
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, Control standards and risk management techniques and the reporting requirements of major international grant donors
• Proven experience in dealing with NGO/Government for partnership related issues
• INGO work experience with large number of partners is preferred
• Sound knowledge on financial management/regulation with government requirement.
• Budget development and spreadsheet maintenance
• Financial reporting analysis, initiative and attention to detail
• Demonstrated management and leadership skills;
• Experience in managing time and resource constraints;
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English in order to communicate
• The ability to prioritize, work independently, understand and apply policies and procedures
• Strong computer skills – e-mail, windows, word processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint
• Interpersonal skill, training and coaching skills
• Analytical thinking along with the ability to question the logic of information
• Problem solving and ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent work ethic
• Problem Solving Skills
Location: Honiara Solomon Islands
Type of Role: Fixed Term: Local contract
Reports to: Country Programme Manager
Grade/Salary: $93,611 -$133,730 per annum
Eligibility: Open to Solomon Island Citizen.
Send application: [email protected] / [email protected] and cite “Finance Coordinator” as the subject of your email and include a CV, a short covering letter outlining your capacity to fulfil the requirements of the job. All applications will be reviewed on receipt. Only suitable candidates will be considered and they will be contacted if shortlisted. We promote diversity in our organisation in which we encourage women and the disable to apply.
General Queries/ Obtaining of TOR: The terms of reference for this position including application instructions can be obtained by emailing above given emails or you can get Hard copies available at our Country office front desk, Location Central Plaza Building, 3rd floor, Honiara
Closing Date: Apply before April 4th 2022