Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organisation working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Plan International began working in the Pacific in 2012 and has offices and staff in Solomon Islands (SI), PNG in Bougainville and it has a regional office in Suva, Fiji.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
Ensure effective process Monitoring and data analysis
• Use of periodic/routine monitoring data collection templates and processes.
• Periodic/routine monitoring data collected, reviewed, consolidated and shared with Project Manager, CPM and the Pacific Team.
• Undertake M&E data computation and analysis to support programme requirements
• Support the development of frameworks, plans, log frames and other M&E documents
supporting the project management cycle.
• Assist in monitoring programme activities, and to assess whether outputs and
outcomes are meeting targets.
• Use data sources (quantitative and qualitative) to assess project progress and support
optimization of programme delivery, in conjunction with line manager.
Team knowledge and capacity development
• Act as M&E knowledge person for PISI team, available to respond to colleagues ‘queries about M&E processes and requirements, including quarterly reporting requirements and data visualisation platform.
• The M&E Officer will conduct focused training on systems developed for the programme and workshop participants as and when necessary to ensure that PISI Project Leads and Support team Understand the M&E system.
• Support in maintaining contact and communications with Pacific Hub program teams foster cross learning between country teams.
Implement PISIs accountability mechanism
• Ability to build good rapport with community people and participation during the project cycle must be ensured.
• Provide necessary support to M&E Coordinator during baseline studies.
• Take into consideration how to assess potential impact of work on communities,
including any children or vulnerable people, and other safeguarding considerations.
Provide support in evaluation and research activities
• Ensure to fully participate with necessary technical support in baseline studies and evaluations when needed
• Demonstrated effective coordination between team members
• Maintaining high level of good work ethics
REQUIREMENT: QUALIFCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Economics or other relevant field
• 2 years of relevant experience in any Private or NGO will be an advantage
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation with a background and interest in the analysis of socio-economic issues and related policy matters
• Experience of working within a project providing deliverables, timelines and reporting requirement
• Experience in results-based programme development and management
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management system
• Demonstrate experience in programme baselines or evaluations
• Ability to work collaboratively in devising baseline tools.
• Good understanding on Solomon Island Context
• Knowledge in use of analytical system (database system, spreadsheet and/or statistical software)
• Developing of good report writing and information dissemination and documentation skills
• Work efficiently in prioritizing tasks and deliver on time
• Practice good work ethics
• Analytical, strategic thinking and negotiating skills.
• Ability to build effective relations for influencing and teamwork
• Innovative and creative thinking with problem solving
• Strong capacity to manage large quantitative datasets with high levels
• of accuracy and attention to details
• Managing work relationships (internal/external), coordination and networking.
• Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
• Analyse, synthesise and draw out conclusions and learning from monitoring data processes.
• Experienced in applying recognised standards of data quality assurance
Location: Honiara Solomon Islands
Type of Role: Full Time: Duration 3 years
Reports to: GTACC Project Manager
Grade/Salary: $73,000-$100,000 per annum
Eligibility: Open to Solomon Island Citizen.
Send application: [email protected] / [email protected] and cite “Climate Change Coordinator ” as the subject of your email and include a CV, a short covering letter outlining your capacity to fulfil the requirements of the job. All applications will be reviewed on receipt. Only suitable candidates will be considered and they will be contacted if shortlisted. We promote diversity in our organisation in which we encourage women and the disable to apply.
General Queries/ Obtaining of TOR: The terms of reference for this position including application instructions can be obtained by emailing above given emails or you can get Hard copies available at our Country office front desk, Location Central Plaza Building, 3rd floor, Honiara