Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organisation working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Plan International began working in the Pacific in 2012 and has offices and staff in Solomon Islands (SI), PNG in Bougainville and it has a regional office in Suva, Fiji.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
• To ensure of smooth functioning of procurement, Administration and logistic to support the team on time
• Meet compliance with Plan’s policies and procedures and ensure of transparency for audit purpose and internal check
• Provide overall support to project activities implementation on a timely manner.
REQUIREMENT (Technical expertise, skills and knowledge)
• Diploma level education or equivalent essential (strong preference for Business Administration or related discipline)
• At least 2 years of experience in similar area of work
• Understand asset management and procurement procedures and policy
• Able to drive and having valid license
• Excellent computer skills (including Word and Excel)
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Good inter-personal and communication skills
• Ability to liaise and negotiate effectively with government, suppliers, service providers and other agencies
• Works collaboratively as a team player, listens actively and values contributions
• Self-management and personal accountability
• Ability to work effectively as member of a team
• Ability to manage own time and to set and meet priorities and deadlines without close supervision
• Honest and Transparent
• Work experience in an NGO is an advantage
• Fluency in an ethnic minority language desirable
• Have good command of English
• Attention to detail/ Can do attitude and a self-starter
Location: Honiara Solomon Islands
Type of Role: Full Time: Duration 3 years
Reports to: GTACC Project Manager
Grade/Salary: $73,000-$100,000 per annum
Eligibility: Open to Solomon Island Citizen.
Send application: [email protected] / [email protected] and cite “Climate Change Coordinator ” as the subject of your email and include a CV, a short covering letter outlining your capacity to fulfil the requirements of the job. All applications will be reviewed on receipt. Only suitable candidates will be considered and they will be contacted if shortlisted. We promote diversity in our organisation in which we encourage women and the disable to apply.
General Queries/ Obtaining of TOR: The terms of reference for this position including application instructions can be obtained by emailing above given emails or you can get Hard copies available at our Country office front desk, Location Central Plaza Building, 3rd floor, Honiara